Thursday, August 25, 2011

Recap: Mode Kei

There was a short time in my life when I really wished I was a Harajuku girl.  While those days are gone, I still dream of the day that I get to travel to Japan.  It's one of the places that I absolutely must visit.  Monday night, Waterstone Aesthetics put on an amazing Japanese inspired show using Harajuku and origami as design inspirations.  Waterstone Aesthetics provided the hair and makeup, local t-shirt company Alchemy provided the t-shirts for the harajuku lovers, and the origami inspired costumes were beautifully designed by Ayers Designs.

When the final model wearing an Ayers Design costume came out on a giant pair of stilts, I was blown away.  I love these crazy over-the-top type of fashion shows, and I think there should be more of these in Austin.  We are such a funky creative town, so I'm not sure why I don't see more of this on a regular basis.

All the proceeds from this show benefitted the victimes of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan through JASGA.org.  Check out my photos from the show:




The cool t-shirts designed by Alchemy are sold at STAG and will soon be coming to Feathers!


Joanna
keep austin stylish

1 comment:

Nachos Recipes said...

Thanks forr this blog post