Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Did Some Bitchin Stitchin at the Stitch Lab

Tonight was the first night of my sewing class at the Stitch Lab on South 1st Street. I didn't know what to expect from this class, but I can tell you that I am so glad that I signed up for this experience. I have had a sewing machine for a couple years now and have tried to sew several things. I have had some successes along with some failures, so, I thought it would be a good idea to start from scratch and get some formal training. I have already learned so much useful information just in my first class.

The Stitch Lab is an awesome little gem for the person who is crafty. I definitely suggest signing up to take one of their classes if you want to learn how to sew, knit, embroider, etc. They have a ton of different classes to take. Go here to check out what classes they have to offer. Also, the Stitch Lab is a great place to buy fun fabrics. Much like the Common Thread, they have a lot of really cute prints that you won't find at JoAnn's or Hancocks. You can go here to check out their fabrics.

Just think of all the stylish things you could create after taking a class at the Stitch Lab! Sewing is also a very handy skill to have if you like to thrift shop so that you aren't limited by the way things fit. After a few more classes I will be able to confidently make alterations to anything I want. "Sewing is power, independence, and creative freedom!"


Thank you Stitch Lab for keeping austin stylish!

No comments: