Monday, January 4, 2010

Vintage Find for the Tribal Chic Trend

Vintage clothing plays a significant role in the fashion of Austin. Austinites take pride in being unique, and adding a vintage piece to an outfit definitely adds an individual flair to your look. But you can wear vintage while still staying on top of the trends.

I went to one of my favorite vintage stores today, Feathers Boutique on South Congress. Feathers has an ever changing really well edited collection, and it is particularly good if you are wanting top notch designer labels.

I have had my eye on this vintage Dries Van Noten top at Feathers for awhile. They marked down the price since the last time I tried it on, so I couldn't resist getting it this time around.

My Dries Van Noten top inspired me to check out their collection for summer 2010. Their new stuff has a similar tribal look that my vintage piece has.

I love the bold prints and the way they mix the prints together. These tribal patterns and the mixing of bright prints are going to be popular for this spring/summer. Here are more examples from different designers of this upcoming trend from the runways:



have fun shopping for the Spring!
more spring/summer trends posts coming soon.

keep austin stylish

No comments: