Saturday, February 5, 2011

Recap: Fashion Freakout 4

Halfway through Fashion Freakout 4 I realized my toes were numb.  I then realized I was wearing open-toed shoes outside on one of the coldest nights Austin has seen in a long time.  But I was happy to see I wasn't the only one to brave the cold in order to get a view of the local vintage fashion.  Hundreds of stylish Austinites huddled around the few heaters, ordered hot chocolate at the bar, and dreamed of warmer weather while they gazed at the lace, feathers, top hats, canes, chains, and masks that appeared on the Mohawk runway.

Fashion Freakout 4 was actually my first Fashion Freakout to attend, and I have to say that even though it was painfully cold, the fashion show lived up to the hype.  I now know why Austinites have claimed Fashion Freakout as THE fashion show of the year.  The styling by local vintage shops Prototype Vintage Designs, New Bohemia, and Laced With Romance was some of the most interesting and editorial-worthy I have seen at any local fashion show to date.

Here are some of my favorite photos from the show:



photography by Patrick Meredith


Style Watch photos of Fashion Freakout attendees and a link to all the runway photos coming soon.


Joanna
keep austin stylish

2 comments:

Unknown said...

video footage coming soon as well? :) what's your camcorder/camera's brand/model? it takes amazing photos and video!

joanna said...

Yes hopefully I will get this video edited! I didn't take those photos with my cam. They were taken for me by the photographer Patrick Meredith. The camera I was using is an HD Sony Handycam and it takes great video and okay photos. It's a cool little cam.