Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wrapped

No, I'm not talking about Christmas presents (although they are also wrapped).  But what else is wrapped?  The movie that I spent the last month working on.  I never really explained on my blog what I have been doing for the past month.  I have been crazy busy working on a movie called "Beneath the Darkness" which is a thriller starring Dennis Quaid, Aimee Teegarden, and Tony Oller.  Let me back up here a bit to explain exactly how this all came about..

When I was around 9 I realized that a video camera was the best toy a kid could have.  Almost every day after school my friend and I would come home to make videos.  These mostly consisted of us parodying things we saw on tv such as Calvin Klein ads.  Remember how hilariously serious those were back in the 90s? Oh wait, they are still like that today (I'm laughing at you Zoe Saldana).  But anyway, around the same time I was having fun making my homemade mini movies, my Dad was starting to write movies of his own. At first this was just a hobby for my Dad, but at some point he realized he wanted to actually see his script made into a movie.

My Dad has worked for years to get his script "Beneath the Darkness" produced, and, what seemed like such a slow process all of a sudden turned into a whirlwind of action and progress with me hopping on board to be involved in this awesome project.  As someone who started off college as a fashion major, then switched to film, started a fashion blog, then worked in casting, costume design is something I have grown more and more interested in as it combines both my interests in film and fashion.  Thus the last month for me has been spent in the wardrobe trailer, on our movie set in the tiny Texas town of Smithivlle, bugging Randy at crafty and stealing food to take back to the wardrobe trailer, and in the hotel Hyatt Lost Pines ordering room service and sleeping (there wasn't a whole lot of sleep, but there was some).




I apologize for the lack of Austin and Fashion in this blog post, but, a lot of people have been curious about what I have been up to.  And when you are working 12 hour (and sometimes longer) days that sometimes include working from 5pm to 5am looking fashionable and documenting that fashionableness isn't your first priority.  Although, I did still get lots of compliments on my outfits while working.  My red boots, ponchos, and various animal themed hats were all appreciated by the cast and crew.  

If you would like more information about my Dad's movie, please check out the facebook page and like it or follow us on twitter @BTDarkness to stay updated.  I can't wait til there's a trailer to show y'all.   But more importantly, I can't wait to figure out what the next step is for me and my career.  More movies?  More styling?  People keep hinting at me that I should move to L.A. but as of right now I still am in love with Austin.


Joanna
keep austin stylish

2 comments:

Cathy Benavides said...

Don't go to LA- Austin will miss you!!!

Looks like an exciting project. I can't wait to see it on the big screen!

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Sounds awesome. Can't wait for the trailer. Merry Christmas