Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pre-Kentucky Derby Party

If I was ever to attend the Kentucky Derby, I would be there with a big beautiful colored hat on my head (preferably adorned with a giant bow) and a mint julep in my hand admiring the other hats I see. I have to admit that the horse race would come second to the spectacle of hats.

Beyond Tradition is throwing a pre-Kentucky Derby party next Thursday April 8th featuring local milliner Laura Del Villaggio of Milli Starr's Spring 2010 collection of hats. There will be live bluegrass music by Ruby Jane Smith, mint juleps, and chocolate bourbon pie from Me Myself & Pie.


The milliner Laura Del Villaggio will be in the store and is available to take custom orders for delivery by Kentucky Derby Day which is May 1st.

A percentage of the evening’s sales will benefit Ride on Center for Kids (R.O.C.K.), which offers therapeutic horseback riding for kids with learning and physical disabilities.

What
  • Pre-Kentucky Derby Party
Where
  • Beyond Tradition
    221 W.2nd St.
    Austin, TX

View Larger Map

When
  • Thursday April 8th
    6-9 pm

    No comments: