Wednesday, April 7, 2010

This Month's Tribeza

Normally when I first pick up a magazine, I look through the photos and then decide if I want to actually read the articles or not (I can't help the fact that I'm a visual person and a photography snob.) So when my eyes came across the "Black Canvas" photo spread in this month's Tribeza magazine, I was blown away and forced to actually do some reading (heaven forbid I read something longer than a text message.)

The photographer behind the "Black canvas" photo spread was Dan Winters. No wonder I was pleasantly surprised by the April issue. Dan Winters is a widely recognized and award winning photographer who shoots regularly for magazines such as The New York Times, Esquire, GQ, W Magazine,and more. He has shot portraits of various celebrities including our current President. Dan Winters has 3 residences, one being in Austin, but this is his first time to shoot a spread and cover for Tribeza.

The spread features clothes and jewelry from St.Thomas Boutique, Saks Fifth Avenue, Feathers, By George, Neiman Marcus, Eliza Page, Julian Gold, and Beyond Tradition with hair by Jose Luis Salon and makeup by W3ll People.

Here are a few of my favorite photos from the spread:

I love when photos are so beautiful that they look like paintings.

For a full look at the spread you can view Tribeza online, or if you like to keep things old school you can pick up the magazine at one of your local boutiques.


keep austin stylish

No comments: