Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Recap: SoLa Fashion Show

Last Thursday I went to check out the SoLa Fashion Show at their location on South Lamar.  This year instead of the typical runway style show, they chose to have static models pose in the front windows and inside the store to show off the outfits.  I liked this set up a lot because it gave everyone a chance to really check out the details of the outfits.  I think the selection at SoLa right now has some really great options for holiday party outfits.  Check it out:

The unofficial SoLa mascot is their dog Venus who was feeling very confident at the show and thought she was supposed to help model.  If you're lucky, Venus will be hanging out at the store the next time you stop by SoLa.  She frequents both the South Lamar and the Triangle location.


I had to adopt one of these pink baby frogs.  He loves being perched on my finger.

The black dress on the left was one of my favorite looks of the night.  I love how they styled it.  It looks great with those shoes.  I even love the model's crazy hair with it.

That feather belt is actually a separate belt and not part of the dress.  So it could be used to add interest to any plain dress.  I could also see it styled differently to achieve a more bohemian look.


5% of the profits from this night benefitted SafePlace.  Thank you SoLa for putting on a fun show and benefitting a great organization!



Joanna
keep austin stylish

No comments: