Friday, January 21, 2011

Home is Where the Fried Chicken Is


I struggle these days on whether to call Ft.Worth my home, or to call Austin my home.  Although I call myself an Austinite, like the majority of Austinites, I was not born and raised in Austin.  Ft. Worth, Texas was my original home.  

This weekend I went "home" because it's my favorite time of year in Ft.Worth right now...rodeo time.  The rodeo is really the only event I ever go back to Ft.Worth for.  My hometown doesn't have as much going for it as Austin, but it does have a couple of awesome perks:
-great antique shopping
-awesome museums
-my mom's fried chicken


These photos taken in my parent's backyard are from Day one of my rodeo weekend.  Tomorrow will be rodeo day, so expect some photos of me in a cowboy hat to appear on this blog soon.


vintage necklace: Room Service
grey hoodie: Gap
jean jacket: Old Navy
jeans: 7 For All Mankind from Saks Fifth Avenue
boots: Anthropologie


Joanna
keep austin stylish

1 comment:

amy said...

Glad you're getting to see your fam and go to the rodeo! I wish you would've added this to your details list-

fried chicken: mom

:)