Friday, May 20, 2011

First Look: Austin Fashion Week 2011 posters

Check it out.  Your first look at this year's Austin Fashion Week posters.  You once again have Pixel Peach's Gary Dorsey to thank for these beauties.  I thought last year's main poster bared a resemblance to Christina Aguilera, but this year's artworks actually do incorporate the images of some pop culture icons. Audrey Hepburn, Gene Wilder, and Josephine Baker all make up the strange and somewhat random Austin Fashion Week 2011 threesome.  I think these are pretty rad though, what about you? 


Unfortunately I've been hearing more and more negative comments from people within the Austin fashion community about Austin Fashion Week.  What's your opinion?  Do you plan on attending or participating in this year's events?

Joanna
keep austin stylish

5 comments:

Haute Muslimah said...

I would love to attend, although I know almost nothing about it.. it's the first I'm even hearing of it!

Cathy Benavides said...

You know I love supporting fashion, especially the locals. But it's just so spread out and disorganized! That being said, you know I'll be there :)

rental mobil jakarta said...

Very nice, thanks.

Unknown said...

Hrm...probably will make an attempt to go if not everything's outdoors again. I've heard it's evolved and gotten better...

joanna said...

This will be the first year that I will actually have a chance to go to some of the events other than just the kickoff so I am excited to witness it all first hand.