Monday, May 23, 2011

Trend Alert: High Waisted Jorts!

I saw a lot of high waisted jorts at SXSW, and something tells me they are going to stick around throughout summer to be one of this summer's biggest trends. 

I was feeling crafty and decided the best way to get the jort look I was craving was to make my own.  So, I headed to Goodwill to find some mom jeans with good jort potential.  Found these vintage Guess jeans for $7 and took them home with me and had my way with them.  If you want to make your own jorts all you need are jeans, scissors, and maybe some sandpaper for distressing.  Just keep in mind that once you throw them in the washing machine they will fray up even more.





I'm now officially ready for summer in Austin!  What do you think of high waisted jorts? Fun, or unflattering?

Joanna
keep austin stylish

9 comments:

Hipstercrite said...

you look fantastic in them, but no no no! ;)

joanna said...

lol!

kelsey williams said...

YES!

Aaron said...

agree with hipstercrite. they look great on you, but i'm against jorts in general.

Anonymous said...

Yes to Jorts. But they need to be tighter!

Mike Papi said...

Haha I love fashion but that is silly!

Mike
www.leadersinleather.net

joanna said...

Well, I agree. Something called "jorts" can't really be taken too seriously.

Anonymous said...

I call mine my jiaper....

joanna said...

Haha jiaper!