Sunday, May 29, 2011

Style Watch: The White Party

Where: The Long Center

When: Friday, May 27, 2011

It's hard to stand out in the crowd when you and everyone else are forced to wear the same color.  So for the Lifework's White Party, it's all about the accessories and the pop of color.  The most popular pop of color at the White Party this year was definitely blue.  Gold, turquoise, green, and yellow were some of the runners up for most popular accent color.

My friend and fashion designer made me a custom designed dress for the White Party, but unfortunately the measurements that I gave her were quite off (I blame the girl who measured me for a bridesmaid dress I am wearing in a wedding in September, because those were the measurements I gave my friend).  The dress she made me was way cuter than the backup dress I had to end up wearing, so I was pretty bummed.  But I at least got to show off my awesome gold stilettos I got from Betsey Johnson.

Check out what everyone was wearing at the White Party:








Joanna
keep austin stylish

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Are you taking pictures of people you think are stylish? Or just posting pictures of what people were wearing? Or both?

joanna said...

Just posting pictures of what people are wearing...

Malissa said...

We need to see more Local design at the White Party!

joanna said...

I would have loved to support a local designer. I was supposed to wear a custom made dress from my friend but it did't fit me. And I tried to find something from a local store but had no luck there.

Janelle Baughn said...

the photo of you is gorgeous Joanna!

Camila M said...

Joanna you look absolutely stunning in that photo!

joanna said...

Thanks chicas!