Saturday, August 21, 2010

Austin Fashion Week at 2nd Street District

Thursday night, 2nd Street district celebrated their 5th birthday with a block party filled with fashion's finest.  The 2nd Street district is still young, but it has quickly become a prime area for shopping in Austin.  It is especially a good area to go if you are looking for locally designed jewelry.

I started the evening off at Beyond Tradition to check out the new jewelry collection from Tracy Tenpenny Design.

I loved how she combined masculine and feminine elements in this piece!



Tracy Tenpenny is supporting the turquoise trend.


My next stop was Langford Market. Their partner designer was Couture Cottons , an organic, cotton, lingerie line. I thought their slogan was clever, "Go green, Down Under."

I was greeted at the door by a cocktail server sporting the all organic undies





Coutore Cottons founder, Sandra Richards, with the main display



My final stop was the Girl Next Door where jewelry designer, Bon Bon by Micah Yancey was showcasing her latest work. I absolutely loved the display!


Again... lots of turquoise!




Guest post by Kara Marshall
keep austin stylish

No comments: