Friday, May 7, 2010

Cinco de Mayo Fashion Fiesta Recap

Cinco de Mayo is really just an excuse to drink margaritas and eat Mexican food, right?  Hey, I'm not complaining.  In fact I pretty much celebrate Cinco de Mayo every week.  But, for the official Cinco de Mayo that happened last Wednesday, I celebrated in style at the 26 Doors Fashion Fiesta.  Free food was provided by Santa Rita (one of my favorite mexican restaurants in Austin), and free margaritas were handed out by  Paula's Texas Orange (they were strong and delicious.)  Sweetmeat entertained us with their music (and their charm.)  That leading lady of theirs is a talented spitfire, and, she unofficially started off the fashion show by sporting a large statement necklace that matched her dress. 

 
The fashion show was organized by Adelante who provided the clothes,  Urban Betty who did the hair, and Rae Cosmetics who did the makeup.  The looks were definitely fiesta inspired and I loved all the bright colors and the flowers in the hair.  Viva Mexico!  Here were the looks of the night:
 
                            
I'm sorry but I didn't know whether to laugh or be scared for my life when this model walked the runway.  I think she got her runway advice from Ramona....

  
I'm waiting to find out who designed this last outfit.  They said at the show but I can't remember!  I will update this as soon as I find out.  Or if anyone happens to know, please let me know.  
 I've been informed that Rochelle Rae, the owner of Rae Cosmetics, designed and made this fantastic rose piece.  It looks really cool!
I really liked the way this show was styled and the event in general was a lot of fun.  I hope y'all had a great Cinco de Mayo because I did!

keep austin stylish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About the Rose Skirt. Rochelle Rae, the owner of Rae Cosmetics designed and made it.

joanna said...

Sweet! Thanks for the info. That's really cool.