Monday, July 26, 2010

Au Revoir Soigne

I am sad to have to relay the information that Soigne, a local Austin boutique, is closing its doors permanently.

I really liked Soigne.  I have to say though, I'm not terribly surprised to hear about their closing.  Every time I shopped at Soigne I was the only customer in the store.  It was quiet enough in there to hear a shirt fall off the hanger.  They also did carry a lot of brands, such as French Connection, that you can easily access at a department store.  Their stuff was a little on the high end and kinda pricey.  However, I still shopped there and still found some cute items that I still wear today.  Remember my "Spring is Sprouting" photo shoot?  Or my "Wouldn't It Be Lovely" shoot?  They both featured items found at Soigne.

I still wear these wedges all the time.  Yes, they also had these same wedges at Anthropologie, but they were on sale at Soigne!  Totally worth the price because they are comfy too.





Starting tomorrow, July 27th, Soigne will begin a liquidation sale.  Everything in the store will be reduced 50-70%!  Amy will also be selling fixtures, furniture, and decor from the store.  It's sad to hear that Soigne is closing, but on the bright side maybe you can go tomorrow and snag some super sweet deals.

It's heart breaking when a local store dies.
Shop local when you can
and

keep austin stylish

No comments: