The Recycled Fashion Show was started in 2007 as a benefit for The Treasure City Thrift Store to encourage the reuse of materials in the Austin community. The show takes place this Sunday and will feature looks from 10 talented designers. If you missed the Treasure City Thrift Fashion Show that took place in June, then you will get to see some of those same looks from that show on Sunday.
If you went to the Treasure City Thrift Fashion Show then you might be wondering why you should come to this Recycled Fashion Show on Sunday. There are a couple of reasons:
1) The show is taking place as a part of the Pecan Street Festival, which is not only free and features live music and other cool stuff, but it has also gone GREEN
2) In addition to the looks seen at the Treasure City show, there will also be brand new looks making their public debut.
3) There will be a 16 ft. SOLAR PANELED runway stage! How cool is that?
4) The show is produced by iLoveMikeLitt, who does a great job of bringing the Austin community together.
5) I will be there. And most likely a ton of other cool people will be there too.
Check out these photos from past Recycled Fashion Shows, and scroll down for details on when and where the fashion show is taking place:
- The Recycled Fashion Show
- 7th and Neches
- Sunday, Sept. 26
- 4 pm