Thursday, September 30, 2010

Recap: Tribeza Style Week Fashion Show

Tribeza Style Week may have kicked off with an all men's fashion show, but the pinnacle of the week was the main Fashion Show which featured mostly female looks from Saks Fifth Avenue, The Garden Room, Underwear, Adelante, Peyton's Place, Missbehave, Service Menswear, c.jane, Valentine's Too,  Julian Gold, and Estilo.

There were several pieces that came down the runway that I thought were really beautiful, and there were 2 main trends that I noticed at this show:

1) Fur vests
2) Shiny metallic and sparkles

FUR VESTS
Underwear


Saks Fifth Avenue

c.jane

c.jane

Valentine's Too

When I saw all those fur vests walk the runway this is what my thought process was:  

Are those all fake fur?...  I hope so!.. I would never buy real fur, unless it was vintage...  I wonder if people in Austin will actually partake in the fur vest trend?...  I'm not even sure I like these fur vests...  I think I might prefer fur trimmed things, or fur coats...  I wonder if a lot of people bought the Rachel Zoe fur vest on QVC or the Home Shopping Network or whatever that was...  It seems silly to wear fur in Austin, since it doesn't even get that cold...

 Do y'all like the fur vest trend?


SHINY METALLIC AND SPARKLES
Adelante

Valentine's Too

Valentine's Too

Julian Gold

This dress, which can be found at Julian Gold, was one of my favorite pieces from the show.  I love how it appears so effortless and even comfortable while still looking fancy and elegant.  It looked better in person because you could see the way the light hits it when it moves and it was sparkly and gorgeous!

Julian Gold

Julian Gold

 Estilo

 Estilo

 The Garden Room

 Adelante

 c.jane

It doesn't showcase either of the 2 main trends of the show, but, one of my favorite outfits from the show was this one from Julian Gold:
I really like the Clueless 90s vibe of this outfit, but that it is a modern version.  I'm also a big fan of hats in the fall/winter.  You will soon be seeing me wear a lot of hats.

runway photography by John Pesina

Overall the fashion show was great! (Minus that one part where the music got awkwardly unusually loud for a fashion show and I felt like I should have stood up and started bustin a move.)  Thank you to Tribeza for putting on a great show.  And, in case you missed it, check out my post about what people in the crowd were wearing at the show.



Joanna
keep austin stylish

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That dress from Julian Gold was my favorite. I wonder how much it is....